Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays

Well, when you love the Holidays as much as me it's hard to find something you dislike, but there are a couple of things that get to me during this Season.
The traffic! Traffic here in the ATX is typically bad, but you throw in people drunk on shopping, the stores open later, vacation days being taken and bonuses being handed out...THE TRAFFIC IS AWFUL! Everywhere one goes it feels like it takes an extra 15-20 minutes. It typically takes me all of 12 minutes to get home from work, but last week I went a route that was dumb. I went a route that took me through shopping central and it took me 30 minutes to get home. It's crazy, but glad to see people are out spending their money and helping boost our economy, right? :)
2nd-The desserts and the festies! I love dessert. I love festies. Do you know what a Festie is? It's an alcoholic beverage that will knock your socks off, seriously. These two have two things in common: Mucho calories and they make me smile. With being someone that struggles with weight gain and weight loss, the Holiday Season seems to get me every year. I tend to only eat\drink these things on the weekends, so I can catch up on my low-calorie-make-me-depressed-greek yogurt during the week. I tend to visit the gym less because it's cold and I just want to drink said festies. It's a whirlwind, but hey, it's worth it because it makes me smile. Yea, that sounds good...I will stick with that one.

2 comments:

kristinkfitness said...

Is a Festie a drink you buy or something you mix at home? I want to try it!! =)

Curly Girl Confessions said...

It's delish! Egg Nog, Vodka and Coffee Liquer.