Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 3: Best Gift\Most Memorable Gift

Oh, how I love gifts anytime of the year, but of course with my Birthday and Christmas being neck and neck I typically get double the gifts, BLESSED.
I would have to say the best gift I ever received was the Barbie Doll Play House with Pool. I received this gift when I was probably 8 or nine years old. I loved this thing. I mean, who wouldn't? It had a stinkin' pool. I remember taking the "pool" to the sink in our bathroom and filling it up just to have it filled up. I would sit for about five minutes and play with the dollhouse and of course, get bored and move on to the next thing. A close runner up, would be my orange and teal 10 speed bike...you know the ones with the curled handle bars? Do people even buy these things anymore? Living in Austin, it seems like kids ride those trick bikes or race bikes or perhaps even beach cruisers. I loved that bike and rode it forever!
The most memorable gift I have received was actually last Christmas. My parents went on a LONG Mediterranean cruise. They visited Italy, Spain, etc. They went to a "cameo-maker's" museum in Italy. My father picked out a special cameo necklace and watched it be carved. I will cherish this piece of jewelry forever! It's beautiful! I will have to take a picture of it, but that will wait since it's hanging in my jewelry box. (I am afraid to wear it all the time because of the delicacy.)

No comments: