Monday, November 28, 2011

Oh, the Holidays!

I would be lying if I said the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas isn't my most favorite time of the year! I am pretty sure I have said it about a hundred times, but alas it literally is my most favorite and it's hard for me to be in a bad mood the next month. 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with lots of food, booze and laughter! I am so very grateful that my family and my in-laws get along so well that we don't have to split Thanksgiving holiday. We are able to share the day as one big family and that's a blessing. My mom did much of the cooking and I did all the cleaning. It was awful and took forever, but I was done by the time the A&M vs Texas game started at 7. Can I get a Hook 'Em? Texas out-coached and beat A&M! The tradition ends this year and it's a very sad thing, but there isn't anything that makes me happier than to have won the last rivalry game. 
On Friday, E and I laid on the couch all day and watched football. I didn't get out of my pj's. It was fantastic! There was no way I was going to tempt going shopping.
Saturday at least I went to the gym and got dressed! We headed to Garden Ridge to pick our ornament for 2011 and then bought our tree. E demanded we take the Jeep that um doesn't have a top on it. It was quite comical and I am pretty sure the guy at Home Depot got a good laugh at us! Meet the Griswald's.
Sunday was a day of Holiday Cheer! We decorated the interior and exterior of the house as well as the tree. I am totally in the Holiday Spirit although I completely forgot to buy Egg Nog last night, fail.


Marley must have been playing when we left to get the tree because we came home to Santa toppled over and the fish was under him along with the singing pig. Too funny!
She's a beauty! (Skinny and tall...exactly how I wish to be, ha.)

2 weeks till Barbados...I. Die.

No comments: