Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Our BFF, Ike.

Growing up in Houston, we always were prepared to get hit by a hurricane or at least be very near a hurricane. This season has been quite active already, but thankfully the storms haven't been as severe as they could be since the Gulf is so hot. Living in Austin, I NEVER thought we would need to be prepared for A HURRICANE! Yes, we have lakes, rivers, springs, and ponds, however we are 200 miles away from the Gulf Coast. Things will change on Saturday...they are expecting Ike to hit the Texas Coast and Move up towards Central Texas still remaining as a Category 2. I am excited about all of this and nervous at the same time. I love rain and wind with lightning and thunder, however I don't want our 40 ft tree in the front yard to collapse in half either on our house or in the middle of the street! This poor tree...We had it bolted and looped together from each side of the split. I don't know if it can sustain 50 mile an hour winds...it's a strong little booger, just not that strong. We are true WEIRD Austinites and don't want to or didn't want to take it down. Now, I am second-guessing myself...say a little prayer for our beloved tree AND whatever it may fall on! =(

BTW, if you are thrilled by weather check out this website~www.stormpulse.com

No comments: