Tuesday, September 11, 2012

How will you be remembered?

E was sitting on the couch this morning when I walked to the living room to sit on the floor to put on my makeup. He was silent watching Sports Center. I tuned in and all of the sudden I had tears running down my face. They were covering a story of a hero. A hero that made a huge impact on the dreadful day we all remember, 9-11. He was in the bottom of the towers setting up a triage station for people to receive aid, running around asking if people needed help and never left the towers before they fell. His parents told his story like any parent would after dealing with such a horrific memory, but the person that told the best story was the Asian lady whose life was saved because of him. She keeps his picture on her side table by her couch to remember his life forever. People from his college wear red bandannas for the red run in support of him. An Olympic athlete who skis wears the red bandanna under his helmet to remember his friend. This young man is a hero and will always and forever be remembered that way. I could only hope to be remembered as someone that changed a life. 
How will you be remembered when you are gone? 
Never forget.



1 comment:

Kathleen said...

That gave me goosebumps!! What a great story of a true hero!