Monday, January 16, 2012

Ghetto.

We knew they were coming into town about a month ago, but we didn't buy tickets just for the fact that we didn't know if we could make the show. Friday night, I asked E if he wanted to see them on Saturday...it would be $100. 
It didn't take him long to say, "let's do it."
We saw a little ghetto-fab:
Wu Tang Clan
See- me being from Houston I love some ghetto rap music and E being from Philly really, really loves the Wu so it was a match made in Heaven. One of the very first gifts I bought E 11 years ago were tickets to see the Wu, so of course I was all game for a Saturday night date with my E listening to one of his favorite groups.
The crowd was weird. Last time, they played at an outside venue and let's just say...it was filled to the brim with ghetto-ness. This show was inside at Emo's and was filled with Emo kids, wtf? I wanted a bit more ghetto, but Emo kids that smelt, were wasted and jumping up and down filled the arena.
All 9 of the Clan were there and they did not disappoint!!! 
Spreading CrysTAL all over the crowd, sweating profusely and throwing their towels, taking off clothes and throwing shirts, rapping to the beat randomly, smoking blunts openly and seriously all of them smiling from ear to ear with the pleasure of being in Austin entertaining a crowd was Priceless.






1 comment:

Jodie said...

I love going to concerts!! I feel so free going to them, screaming at the top of my lungs, and dancing like a fool because people don't care!!