Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday 10.

I stalk read a variety of blogs and some of the lovely ladies always post Tuesday 10...each week the 10 is different and I love it, so I decided to copy.

Thursday 10
10 things I have to complete in 2009
10. Receive at least a 2 on my year-end evaluation. You are probably thinking, wow a 2, that doesn't seem very good. At my company a "1" is the best, however, NO ONE receives this number, so really "2" is the best. I have been receiving "3's" for 3 years now and it's time to get up to that 2. I have been given more responsibilities, so I am confident I will achieve this goal!
9. Clean our house at least once a month. I am the world's BEST picker-upper. I pick up after us every morning when I wake up. Our house always looks tidy and CLEAN, but the truth is...it's not really CLEAN, just picked up. I want to clean, clean once a month...like get down on my hands and knees and scrub the floors...clean, clean. I am cleaning on Friday, so we will see how far into the year we will get.
8. Learn photography. I received a new Canon camera for Xmas, which I am obsessed with at this moment. This camera can do so many things...and I cannot even begin to use it how it's supposed to be used because I am photography illiterate at this time. I am going to check into free photography classes at UT. Get ready peeps...I will be the papprazzi!
7. Learn to bake better and prettier. Does that make sense? I love to bake and am decent at the task. However, nothing I bake comes out really pretty. I will bake cupcakes, cookies, or a cake let it cool, then ice it and want to cry because it's HIDEOUS. I want to have a completed goodie that E will look at and say, that is REALLY pretty.
6. Read more books. I have been reading the Twilight series and I LOVE it. I have been hooked on them since I opened the first book. I thoroughly enjoy reading because I love silence. I love to lay in bed with no one around (besides Marley), nothing on the tube and just read...relaxing. I am going to buy books that I can start and finish...they are called good books. I have a tendency to start books, but they are boring so I never finish. Onto Elipse...
5. Finish re-doing our house even if the hubby isn't involved. E is in the homebuilding industry, which is great and he loves his job, however, I have learned to dislike his job. I dislike his job because he does so much building, problem solving, measuring, painting, etc at work that by the time he gets home I cannot get him to hang a picture on the wall. Hence, why half of our kitchen tile is pulled up and the other half is hot pink! I have decided that I can do a lot of things on my own or with a little contractor's help. I am going to move forward with the rennovations and just ask for E's opinion every once in a while. Hopefully, the kitchen will be done by this time next year!
4. Lose more weight...This is not a new year's goal for me as I started this jaunt back in August of 08! I was having health issues back at that time...needed to change some things...I successfully changed them and have lost almost 30 pounds. That's a lot of weight! I think about 30 pounds of meat...disgusting. I need to lose at least 20 more pounds to be a healthy weight or at the weight I was my Junior year of high school. This is a hard task because our bodies do something called plateau. I am devoting myself to the gym one more day a week for 30 minutes extra. Determined...
3. Have a garage sale. Ha! I give a lot of things to Goodwill every year because we have an abundance of items that we do not need. I have begun cleaning out the house...I took a few things after Xmas to Goodwill, but the rest we are going to sell. I literally have TOO much stuff. I have purses, armoires, beds, clothes, shoes, belts, and much much more that have never been used or are just sitting in our garage. It's a new year, new beginnings, and I want it gone! When I say garage sale, I mean the largest, biggest, longest, garage sale in the neighborhood...hopefully, we will make a few hundres dollars that will be spent on our 09 vacay. :)
2. Spend more time with my family. My family only lives about 2 hours away from us and we only see them MAYBE once a quarter. That is not enough. I love my family so much and we are all so close I sometimes don't understand why we don't see eachother more often. And, after thinking...I get it...we are busy peeps, but that's just an excuse. No more excuses...Htizzle here we come at least once a month!
1. Love my husband more and more . I love E to death! He is my rock, my best friend, my love, my everything. But, I know that sometimes we get too caught up in our careers, our friends, our hobbies (golf), the television and many other things. I want to get back to the basics...show eachother the ut-most love this year and years to come!

1 comment:

kristinkfitness said...

I'm glad you started a Tuesday 10, I love it!!!! Good for you for loosing 30 lbs!!!! That's awesome!