Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good life.

Life is good.

We have been acclimating ourselves to the new schedule: E really not being home. Me working Monday through Friday. Store being open until 11 on Fridays and Saturdays.

I love seeing the smile on E's face when customers walk through the door of Rita's. It brings me joy knowing that he is loving every single minute of owning a business. He is putting his whole entire being into it and I know it will be a success because of this. The store has been open a month, wow. It's doing really well and continues to grow! We receive many comments from people that visit: "Goodness, y'all must have been open for a while. This place is the talk of the town." "I have been waiting for 10 years for a Rita's to open in Austin." Comments and Remarks like this make my heart flutter. The employees are wonderful after we canned 3 of them. E and B are beginning to release some duties to the kids, so they don't have to be there all the time and are able to focus on marketing. Marketing and branding the name in the area is tricky, fun and time consuming, but so far, so good. Apartments around the area will have approximately 3000 students move in August. THE University of Texas will have a rush of students return for the Fall semester. These 2 things will be HUGE for the store, so Cheers to school starting even if the traffic is horendous!

I am having serious employee disgruntled-ness! (I don't think that's a word, but oh well.) I have worked for this company for 5 years and it seems like I am the new kid on the block because of how I am treated. I am sick and tired of it. Chhhh-chhh-aaa-aaa-nnn-ggg-eee-sss, hopefully real soon.

My Dad has been dealing with hip pain for about a year and my Mom finally forced him to visit an Orthopedic Surgeon. Typical man, he put it off and put it off and put it off. Finally, he had a full hip replacement yesterday! The surgery went really well. It's crazy...they do the surgery within a bubble in the OR because of the risk of infection due to cutting of bones and such. He will be up and at 'em this morning per the Doc. If you live in the Katy area, you each are very lucky to have such new and nice hospitals so close. My Mom stated it resembled a hotel. They call meal service Room Service, comical. (BTW, if you ever need an Orthopedic Surgeon, I know an AMAZING ONE!)

4th of July was fun! We went to a friend's Lake Austin dock. Good food, fun games, freezing cold water, beer and frozen drinks made the day!

Rita's is basically our life. Lame life, but exciting life at the same time.

Cheers to Summer and fun-filled weekends!

No comments: