Monday, February 15, 2010

Love day.

We had the BEST weekend! I love LOVE day. I try to focus on loving E everyday of the year, but it's especially special on Valentine's weekend. :)
On Saturday we went to Austin Land and Cattle Company (Nothing to do with Texas Land and Cattle, BTW), the food was DELISH. We had eaten there quite some time ago with my parents and we loved the ambiance, so rather than going to a chain steakhouse we chose here. Any restaurant that serves escargot is on the top of my list (and of course the best Xtradirty martini helps)!
After din-din we went to one of our new finds, OPA! which is a new wine\coffee bar. The owner is Greek, ha, as if I needed to tell you that. Opa! is an old house which they renovated into a quaint little place with reds and whites. I heart this place...I can't wait for Spring, so we can drink Sangria while playing bocce ball. Heaven.
When we got home, E surprised me with a dozen of the most beautiful red roses I have ever seen! Sunday came quickly and of course I made E an amazing breakfast. We went to Rita's. We took Marley to Lady Bird Lake to walk and he didn't make it but half way...he kept wanting to be picked up (yes, just like a 2 year old). We ended the night with my homemade Carbonara, a fire and wine. It was a perfect weekend!

No comments: