Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Holidays.

I hope all had a grand Turkey Day! We sure did...ate too much, drank too much, talked too much and laughed too much...AND, DROVE too much. Our families spend Thanksgiving together...I know, I know you are totally jealous cuz-that-never-happens, but we do. We spent Thanksgiving day in Johnson City on my in-laws ranch. On Friday, we woke and drove to my parents' ranch in Charlotte. A lot of driving, but it was worth it for the fun (even if I did have to small talk my husband to death on Saturday, so he wouldn't fall asleep while driving.)

I love Christmas time! I am pretty sure I could write that 1 trillion times and never get tired of writing it. We typically wait to buy our tree until it's really cold outside (Odd, I know) and last night was perfect. We took our lil (or large) fannies to Home Depot and picked out the perfect tree. We had a Griswald moment...put the tree on top of my VW Passat, ha. We had another Griswald moment when E unraveled the netting...I though for sure the limbs were going to break down the walls...the damn thing is HUGE! It sure is purdy though. I don't ever decorate it the night we get it because I know the limbs need to "fall" a little bit. Since it's so cold tonight, we are going to work out, eat fish, drink egg nog and decorate the tree with carols playing and a fire burning. Doesn't that sound W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L...why of course because it's the most wonderful time of year.

Pics soon! :) Happy Holiday Decorating!

No comments: