Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love. 10 year reunion. Life.

Let me start by saying I love the book Eat. Pray. Love! I have read it twice and could read it few more times.
Oprah Winfrey did a sit down interview with the cast of Eat. Pray. Love as well as Elizabeth Gilbert. She asked them to talk about their favorite Eat. (meal). Pray. (where they find spirtiual peace). Love. (obvious).
Here are mine:
Eat.
I heart Mexican food. Like I love it with all my being and I crave it about 100 times per week. But, I have to say my meal is my Mom's Carbonara and Escargot. I can cook Carbonara, but it never turns out like my Mom's.
Pray.
It's going to sound quite odd. I feel most at peace and spiritually sound while I am swimming laps. I tend to reflect on my life, my decisions, my way ahead, my family, my friends, say a few prayers to a higher power while I swim. I don't listen to music. I am calm. I am at peace in the water.
Love.
My husband. My family. My friends.
10 year reunion.
I cannot believe it's been 10 years since I graduated high school! It's amazing to me how fast the time has gone by and how much I have changed. It's amazing to me that I have been with E for 10 years! I didn't attend the 10 year reunion because of my brother's birthday and that little something called...um...owning a business. I would have loved to have gone and reflect on the past with all the lovely gals I grew up with in the good ole K-town!
Life.
We have been super duper busy and life isn't slowing down. It's funny to think how boring our lives were before Rita's. Like, what did we do on Friday nights? Oh yea, something called Party. We don't do that much, but it's worth it for now. Rita's is doing amazing! The UT students are back in full force and it's helping our business. We have received write up, after write up in different Austin area newspapers as well as internet write ups. We have over 20 reviews on yelp which equal 4+Stars. :) It's an unbelievable journey! Blessed, needless to say.
Our puppy dog, Marley, is now blind in his right eye. It's a total bummer, but we are dealing with it. He is on medicine after medicine for both eyes because we don't want to lose his left eye's vision. He is just so precious and most likely will become a pirate dog. Pirate dog= A bedazzled eye patch made by Aunt K-K.
My company move is in less than 30 days. I feel like there is so much to do in these 30 days. I wake up at night thinking about different things that need to be complete. It's sick. I know I am unable to do everything, but feel like I am doing everything (Totally not the case!). I know I will receive an extraordinary award when we move...knowing I had a huge part of an 80k sq ft build out! It's an experience nonetheless, which I am very grateful. I have already put in for vacation time after the move because I know I will definitely need a minimum of a week off! I have been working and will continue to work way more than 40 hours a week, so to have a countdown to vacation is helping me.
We are going here on vacation:

We cannot wait. It's a new island we have never visited, so it should be awesome! Come on countdown...go a little bit faster. For now, I will daydream about blue Caribbean waters, ocean breezes and drinks with little umbrellas...

1 comment:

kristinkfitness said...

Wish you could have made the reunion I would have loved to see you! So glad Rita's is doing so well, that's amazing!!! Congrats!!